John Hammond Last Night

Andy Allu Silkcitycd@aol.com
Tue Dec 8 17:40:01 EST 1998

In a message dated 12/7/98 11:34:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, jwells@iadfw.net
writes:

<< but I heard him one time with a band (and I have no idea who
 the players were unfortunately, but it was at the West End a club in upper
 westside on Broadway near Columbia as I recall) and they were really strong.

When John had bands they were comprised of strong local NY session guys like
Charles Otis and Bob Montalvo... He is not the must fluid electric guitarist,
but he always surrounded himself with top notch band mates (live and on
record), such has Hendrix and Randy California as part of his live band in the
60's