gonna get my hambone boiled

Gary Constantine constantine.gary@HOME.COM
Mon Dec 7 23:51:22 EST 1998

Michael:

        I have a CD entitled "Out On The Highway" by an Alberta artist called
"Back Alley John". There is a cut called "Ham Bone Boiled". The first
verse:
                I'm goin' home to Ottawa to get my ham bone boiled.
                I'm goin' home to Ottawa to get my ham bone boiled,
                I've been here so long I've let my hambone spoil.
                I'm goin' home to the valley, everybody knows my name,
                Oh, the people in Ottawa all remember my name,
                I'm doin' alright in Alberta but nuthin' feels the same.

        I'd be very surprised if you had ever heard of this artist but i
thought the line you quoted sounded familiar. According to the insert
Back Alley John claims it as an original. Maybe not?