Night Train

Fred Dabney fdabney@NMSU.EDU
Sat Dec 5 16:46:04 EST 1998

>Try this one - for some reason the track listing on "The Dynamic Duo"
>by Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery (whom we were both talking about on
>the Wes thread) has this:
>
>happy-go-lucky local (aka night train)

Well, at least they got both titles.

As much as I like "Moonglow" on its own terms, I always get bugged about how
no one ever credits the Duke for the source on it.  Of course, Will Hudson
was often called the king of plagarists, and Iving Mills mangaged to get his
name on an awful lot of Dukes tunes as well.

Hear something obscure from the world of early blues and jazz at 9 pm Friday
and Saturday night with host Fred Dabney from the Back Room of KRWG-FM, 90.7
FM, Las Cruces, NM
<fdabney@nmsu.edu>