Blues Music/Adultery

Gregory A. Conn gconn@SPRINTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 30 15:17:36 EDT 1997

Has anyone else out here ever given any thought to the possibility
that some blues songs tend to glamorize adultery and cheating with
someone elses spouse?  Ie: "Come on in...my husband just now left,
yeah he just now left." Or, "I am a backdoor man, the men don't know
but the little girls understand."  Etc., you get the idea.
 During many years of being a bachelor I didn't give a whole lot of
thought to this.  Now that I have a fiance' whom I love dearly I find
that some of these lyrics leave a bad taste in my mouth.
 Any thoughts on this?

                                                  -Greg