13 featuring Lester Butler

jjperry jjperry@indiana.edu
Tue Jul 29 14:08:35 EDT 1997

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Leonard Saari wrote:

> Did anyone out there get a chance to see 13 last saturday at the
> Cabooze Bar in Minneapolis? I would have liked to have gone, but I
> ended up seeing Lil' Ed & Dave Weld with the Imperial Flames at the
> Blues Saloon in St. Paul. There was alot of different blues acts in
> town last weekend.

I caught them last week in Lexington, KY and Bloomington, IN. Definately
a band to check out. Lester's stage presence is unique to say the least,
as is his harp style. He just does whatever he feels like at the moment.
Real raw, primal stuff.  If he ever comes back your way, don't miss it.

J. J.

"BLUESTIME!" http://ezinfo.ucs.indiana.edu/~jjperry

"Why don't you paint me up a school bus, and let me go
around the country, and every time someone shows up, I
just whoop everybody's ass?  Why don't we do that?
That *wouldn't* be stupid."
                        --Stone Cold Steve Austin