Out of tune?

Jim Crisci CrisciJim@aol.com
Tue Jul 29 07:58:48 EDT 1997

Although I'm getting pretty tired of this thread, too, it does raise an
interesting point. Is there a tradeoff where "emotion" can make up for
musical skill or technical correctness? I know that this isn't exactly what
this thread was originally about, but I have an Otis Rush LP called
"Screaming and Crying", where Otis and the band don't always seem to be
playing in the same key, BUT Otis is so intense in both his playing and his
singing, that the different keys actually add even more to the tension of the
songs.