Chuckles (was Albert and the lost key)

Jim Bardsley bardsljr@UMDNJ.EDU
Tue Jul 29 07:13:52 EDT 1997

And for what it's worth, there's some wonderful footage of Keith ( nee
Keef) Richards trying to act as bandleader for Chuck in the "Hail, Hail,
Rock N Roll" ( I think that's the name) documentary: it seems Chuck had
a predilicition (sp?) for switching into, shall we say, 'unusual' keys
for rock n' roll....like when, after the first chorus of Maybelline ,
Chuck waves at Keith, trying to get him to switch to F#m, Keith, in the
meanwhile, has 9 musicians out there all rehearsed in A, including the
horn section, and he's waving the Chuckster off. Nope, no F#m....

Chuck played the break in "A".

-Jim