HELP ! ! :Is Bo Diddley Blues or Rock& Roll

Jay Watterworth watterwo@SOBEK.COLORADO.EDU
Mon Jul 28 15:54:42 EDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, DJCRITIQE wrote:

> I have a very belligerent friend who knows every thing, been every where,
> ridden every train and seen every thing twice. Will someone please tell me
> :Is Bo Diddley's music Blues or Rock&Roll ? Thank You

IMHO it is hard to say that the gentleman who gave us "I'm a Man", "Bring
It to Jerome", "Who Do You Love?", "Mona", etc. is not a bluesman, though
some insist that Bo Diddley is strictly Rock'n'Roll.  That's probably
true as well.
Who knows, 'cept that he kicks serious butt.
Jay Watterworth