Albert and the lost key

Mike Curtis ironmanc@JUNO.COM
Mon Jul 28 09:35:11 EDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 00:13:11 -0400 "Gregory A. Conn"
<gconn@sprintmail.com> writes:
>Mike Curtis wrote:
>>
>> Rejecting the larger picture because of an errant brushstroke....
>
> Poor analogy.  An errant brushstroke doesn't necessarily destroy
>a painting.  However playing a lead solo for about a minute in an
>entirely different key then the rest of the band is in definately
>destroys a song.
> What Mr. Collins did that night was much more than just an
>"errant brushstroke."

And how many seven minute solos did the man do in his entire career?
It's a GREAT analogy.  Seven minutes out of a career that spanned many
years and left an impressive legacy of music.  It's not even a brush
stroke.

But you don't have to listen to him if you don't like.  Really.

I know plenty of guitarists who would have caught this immediately but
who are terrible musicians.

Am I making excuses for Albert?  Not at all.  I'm simply pointing out
that it's just not that important to most of us.

 -- IronMan Mike Curtis
The One Man "Better'n A" Band
Electric harmonica, guitar, bass pedals, vocals
Cassette available - Email for details