Big Walter

Mike Curtis ironmanc@JUNO.COM
Wed Jul 23 07:52:22 EDT 1997

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 01:12:13 EDT Joseph Leichter
<ST001297@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU> writes:
>Er....I don't know quite how to put this, *but*...I have a tape at home
(not
>here, of course) of that Clapton PBS Blues special, and I could *swear*
>he said that stuff about *Little* Walter!

That's entirely possible, but Little Walter was likewise a VERY technical
harmonica player.  The more you learn about harmonica and the more you
master it, the more you really come to appreciate Little Walter.  It's
not without reason that LW is the most imitated harmonicist.  And it's
great testimony to his skills that most imitators fall FAR short.

Anyone wanna try for yet another harp great?

;-)

 -- IronMan Mike Curtis
The One Man "Better'n A" Band
Electric harmonica, guitar, bass pedals, vocals
Cassette available - Email for details