Larry Garner--YES!!

John Chamberlin Chamberlin.JohnB@epamail.epa.gov
Wed Jul 23 07:29:44 EDT 1997

Bob,

     BOTH of his  recent CDs are among my favorite recent acquisitions.
One is titled "You've Got to Live a Little".  It may have the song "Four
Cars Running" on it-  a hoot about being a Dad/husband.  If not, it's on
the other CD.  Defintely get both CDs; you will eb delighted.  Like Carl
Weathersby, Larry is a singer/songwrite who deserves much wider
recognition.  Since first hearing him at the Pocono last summer, I've been
lucky enough to hear him 3 times in the DC area since the first of the
year; special thanks to his booking agent Bruce Feiner and Smokehouse Blue
in Centreville, VA.

     In a similar vein, folks should give a listen to Jimmy Burns, another
marvelous singer/songwriter, whom I heard for the first time this past June
at Smokedaddy's in Chicago.  I believe the CD is on Delmark and I can't
recall ther title.  (Scott Dirks, help me out, please.)  And  a tip of the
hat in appreciation to to Dave Markovitz for persuading me and Jean-luc to
meet him at Smokedaddy's to  hear Jimmy after  the  rain-soaked  Saturday
at this year's Chicago Blues Festival . (I won't make any mention of the
fact that Dave himself had bailed out--pun intended--hours earlier, leaving
us anything but "high and dry"; on the other hand, he did hold a couple of
seats at the bar for us and bought the first rounds--adequate reparations,
Dave  ;-)}

John Chamberlin
DC Blues Society