song lengths, was:Re: Blues Contests

Willy Evans willye@MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Jul 21 19:02:02 EDT 1997

I've got no problem with a long song if you've got something to say. I
can't say that I care for incessant noodling!

Technical expertise is at best, subjective! BB King is the best example I
know of. He's really not much of a guitar player over all, but what he does
sounds great! And he doesn't go on and on , he sticks in a stinger nere and
there and at most plays a verse every now and then. What he does speaks
volumes more than somebody like Clapton, who is a good and soulful player,
but just goes on and on!

IMHO

Willy Evans
willye@mindspring.com