NBTB Playlist 7/18/97

Peter Welch pw7e@POE.ACC.VIRGINIA.EDU
Mon Jul 21 17:45:00 EDT 1997

Here is last Friday's playlist from "Nothin' But the Blues", which airs
every Friday evening from 9-11 on WTJU, 91.1, Charlottesville, Va. (A
listener-supported station at the University of Virginia).

A tribute to the late Johnny Copeland plus some newer stuff and a couple of
favorites mixed in.

Blues Ain't Nothin': Johnny Copeland (Jungle Swing - Verve CD)
Make My Home Where I Hang My Hat: Johnny Copeland (Make My Home... - Rounder LP)
I'll Be the Joker: Pat Boyack & The Prowlers (Super Blue & Funky - Bullseye
Blues CD_
Too Late Baby: Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown (Gate Swings - Verve CD)
Hippology: Ronnie Earl & The Broadcaster (The Colour of Love - Verve CD)

Rock & Roll Lilly: Johnny Copeland (Texas Music, Vol. 1 - Rhino CD)
Heebie Jeebies: Johnny Copeland (I'll Be Around - Mr. R&B LP)
Jumpstart: Nappy Brown (Who's Been Foolin' You - New Moon CD)
Take Advice: Jimmy McCracklin (The Walk - Razor & Tie CD)
One Room Country Shack: Lowell Fulson (One More Blues - Evidence CD)
Working Man's Blues: Johnny Copeland (I'll Be Around - Mr. R&B LP)

You Got Me Dizzy: Lurrie Bell (700 Blues - Delmark CD)
Bring Your Fine Self Home: Johnny Copeland (Showdown! - Alligator CD)
Can I Get a Witness? - Snooky Pryor (In This Mess Up to My Chest - Antone's CD)
Broke & Hungry - Jr. Wells (Live at Buddy Guy's Legends - Telarc CD)
Ain't Nothin' But a Party - Johnny Copeland (Ain't Nothin' But a Party -
Rounder LP)

Hold On to What You Got - Johnny Copeland (Jungle Swing - Verve CD)
Bad Company - Deitra Farr (The Search is Over - JSP CD)
Crosscut Saw - Lurrie Bell (Harpmaster - JSP CD)

Monkey on My Back - Johnny Copeland (Jungle Swing - Verve CD)
All Around Man - Lonnie Pitchford (All Around Man - Rooster Blues CD)

Kasabuvu - Johnny Copeland (Bringing it All Back Home - Rounder LP)
Black Cat Bone - Johnny Copeland & Albert Collins (Showdown! - Alligator CD)

-Peter