DJ Errors (was song length)

David Silberberg davidis@INTERACCESS.COM
Mon Jul 21 14:23:47 EDT 1997

At 11:02 AM 7/21/97 -0400, Ian Angus wrote:
>It was a false alarm, but I had to wait outside while
>the firemen checked. When I was allowed back in 35
>minutes later, I realized that I had set "track repeat"
>rather than "CD repeat," so the same 3-minute song was
>then playing for the twelfth time.

In 1959 or 1960, when I was just a lad, a new R&R station came to Chicago -
WYNR (which we always thought stood for Your Negro Radio - may have - I
think it became WVON several years later - isn't that "Voice of the Negro"?).

For the first X days, they played only one song - one of the "papa ooh mow
mow" songs - "Surfin' Bird" or whatever - you all know the one.  They would
announce all sorts of diferent songs - and then play only this one for
several days.

I think this wasn't that unusual a publicity stunt back in the good ol' R&R
AM radio days....