Big Walter

bonnie kalmbach bjkalmba@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Mon Jul 21 02:07:30 EDT 1997

Big Walter is my favorite harp player, although Little
Walter was undoubtedly a genius. Billy Branch once
said to me - Big Walter has *the* tone, Little Walter
the technique. Walter Horton was the most soulful
harp player ever, IMO, and I would certainly include
that talent under "facility".

This line of thinking seems like the argument
that the guitarist who can play a jillion notes per
minute is the better one.