Creativity, leaders, and "the system" (was Re: song lengths)

Harry Mc Gonigal blueta2@ENTER.NET
Sun Jul 20 21:09:50 EDT 1997

> >Muddy Waters did not slavishly imitate imitate those who came before
> >him. He was a leader, not a follower.
>
> And his attitude toward new and different music is readily apparent in
> his acceptance (even encouragement) of white artists based solely on
> their music, his knack of "discovering" arguably the best group of
> harmonica players to ever come through one band, and his direct
> responsibility for an enormous body of great music.

Mike, remember the Muddy album where he wore a long robe and played that
fuzz tone version of I just wanna make love to you?  He had his hair all
combed up and the early albums came with a book on how to comb your hair
just like that.  so Much for Muddy not trying something different.  RFH
           "Hot, Blue and Righteous!"
                The Legendary
Rev. Flamin' Harry and the Roadhouse Rockers
      http://www.enter.net/~blueta2
   http://home.ptd.net/~chon/harry/index.html
      "Hot Blues......Cool Tattoos!"