Medical cost fundraising/Luther

Stephanie Manna bluemoon@PIPELINE.COM
Sun Jul 20 13:06:35 EDT 1997

     James Peterson has been doing some fundraising for Luther Allison's
medical costs on his latest tour. So far, the folks in
Elmira,Buffalo,Utica,NY and Toronto,Ontario have been giving. James
collected about $450 Canadian last night at the Heineken Soul &
Bluesfestival. He called me at 2:30 AM and was so excited that people were
responding so well. So bring your checkbooks to any of his gigs on this
month long tour and help Luther with the bills. I am organizing a fundraiser
for Sept.22,Monday at Stevie Rays,in Louisville; a day James has off and
will be able to perform at. I am asking any touring or local musicians in
the area at that time who would be able to perform at the benefit to contact
me. The sooner I know the better I can publicize the event.  I met Luther
Allison in Paris,France in December; he saw in the paper that James was
playing at Quai du Blues, came out to the show and jammed on stage with
James for at least an hour and stayed the rest of the night to visit. James
hadn't seen Luther since back in the 70s when he had the Governors Inn. He
was really honored that Luther came out to the show and the two of them
really enjoyed themselves. Its our turn to show him our support. Stephanie

Once In A Blue Moon
Stephanie Manna
PO Box 197006
Louisville,KY 40259
Agent,manager,publicist for James Peterson.
Check out his website: http://malaco.com/blues/jpeterson