Blues or Rock Which is it?

Mike Curtis ironmanc@JUNO.COM
Fri Jul 18 08:55:49 EDT 1997

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:37:29 -0400 (EDT) Boneblues@aol.com writes:

>      You've proven that we still need to find where to draw the line
between
>different music forms. God help us if you tell too many people that
Count
>Basie is blues.

You think I made that up or something?  I didn't.  A LOT of folks
categorize Basie as blues.  Your problem is that you have a VERY narrow
view of blues.  And "God help us"?  It's not a religion. It's just music,
the toy department of life.

Maybe you can't uderstand how music played by more than three musicians
is blues, but that doesn't negate the fact that blues can be played by as
large a band as we can put together.  How much of a stretch is it from BB
King and a horn section?

 -- IronMan Mike Curtis
The One Man "Better'n A" Band
Electric harmonica, guitar, bass pedals, vocals
Cassette available - Email for details