Luther Allison very ill

RNABooking rnabooking@aol.com
Thu Jul 17 20:07:52 EDT 1997

I am posting this for Miki and Beverly. God bless Luther...kick this
problem in the ass!!!
RN

>>>From:  Beverly Howell
Howell Productions, Inc.
on behalf of:
Miki Mulvehill
Blue Sky Artist Management

July 15, 1997 - For Immediate Release

Official Statement Regarding Luther Allison's Medical Condition:
We are deeply saddened to announce that on July 10, 1997, Luther Allison
was diagnosed with lung cancer and metastatic brain tumors.  He is
undergoing treatment and looking forward to returning to the stage as soon
as he is in remission.

Unfortunately, rumors have flourished since cancellation of Luther's
upcoming dates. Please be advised that official statements with FACTS
generated by those professionals qualified to post on Luther's behalf will
be available only through the following websites; please disregard
statements posted elsewhere.

http://www.LutherAllison.com
http://www.BlueSkyArtists.com
http://www.Alligator.com
http://www.RosebudUS.com

All your prayers, smiles, and positive thoughts are deeply appreciated.
Luther wants you to know, "You are so beautiful to me."

Please do not reply to this email address.  Future updates will be posted
to the websites referenced above.<<

>>For Immediate Release - July 17, 1997
Official Luther Allison Update - July 17, 1997

All of us, especially Luther, offer our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to
our wonderful friends that are stepping forward to offer love, positive
energy, and help in this difficult time.  There is nothing that can help
Luther more right now than feeling your love.

Friends and fans wishing to send upbeat cards and letters may write to:
Luther Allison
c/o Blue Sky Artist Management
761 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN  55401

Letters may also be sent to Luther via his new email address:

LutherAllison@BlueSkyArtists.com

We respectfully request that in lieu of flowers, donations be sent to help
defer upcoming medical expenses, which may also be mailed to the address
referenced above.  Please make checks payable to Luther Allison.
Unfortunately, Luther's insurance is not going to cover the costs incurred
by his illness.

Friends and fans are already stepping forward to assist us in establishing
a Medical Fund. The Bayfront Blues Festival, Pocono Blues Festival, and
Berrian Springs "Evening With the Blues featuring Syl Johnson," in
conjunction with Mojo Magazine, will be selling Luther's merchandise
during their festivities, with 100% of the profits being directed to the
Fund.  In addition, "Evening With the Blues" has graciously offered to
donate a percentage of their profits to assist with this effort.

Luther started radiation therapy yesterday and is feeling good.  This line
of therapy will continue into the first week of August.

All updates regarding Luther will be posted immediately to the Blue Sky
Artist Management Web Site. Please bookmark our web address in your
browser for future reference:
http://www.BlueSkyArtists.com
or
http://www.LutherAllison.com<<<