DEADBEAT 'Zeller in our midst

Robert D. Ferlingere boogie@cdepot.net
Wed Jul 16 11:21:21 EDT 1997

To the list (and to the DEADBEAT via cc:):

BEWARE! There is a DEADBEAT 'Zeller in our midst.

I had intended to label this post as NBC, however this DEADBEAT has given me
the blues! I have attempted to solve the problem via private e-mail to him
with negative results; he refuses to respond in any manner whatsoever to my
e-mails. Therefore, I am taking the extraordinary step of posting this
message
to the entire list.

The DEADBEAT's name and e-mail address are: "Tom Freeland"
<thf4@watervalley.net>

The reasons I make this claim (supported by evidence) are:

1. On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:06:19 -0700, I posted a message to BLUES-L
concerning
a list of records I had for sale, "Subject: Blues 78 rpm records".

2. On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:23:17 -0600, the DEADBEAT requested a copy of the
list.

3. On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 14:46:48 -0600, the DEADBEAT e-mailed me a list of the
78rpm records he wanted to purchase from me (contractual offer to purchase).

4. At 08:11 PM 6/20/97 -0700, I advised the DEADBEAT of the 78rpm records I
was holding for him (contractual acceptance of offer to purchase).

5. At 08:32 AM 7/6/97 -0700, after hearing not one word from the DEADBEAT, I
sent him an e-mail, "Subject: Re: Your payment for 78 rpm records."

To date, I have yet to hear one word from the DEADBEAT, who is and remains in
breach of his written contract to purchase records from me.

I have been selling (and buying) records through the mail for the past 30
years
and have never run across anyone even remotely like this DEADBEAT, who does
not
have even the common courtesy to respond to my e-mails, let alone to offer
any
form of excuse for not wanting to buy the records he offered to purchase
(which
were set aside for him specifically).

I hope the above will be taken into consideration by any of you who may have
any intention of doing business with this DEADBEAT.

Bob