Luther Allison News

Mark Halverson mchlvrsn@HALVERSON.COM
Tue Jul 15 15:49:16 EDT 1997

Being the curious sort, I have contacted Luther's management since I know
Miki for confirmation of the rumors and have just received to following
press release:

From: Beverly Howell
Howell Productions, Inc.

acting on behalf of:

Miki Mulvehill
Blue Sky Artist Management

- - - - - - - - -

July 15, 1997 - For Immediate Release

Official Statement Regarding Luther Allison's Medical Condition

We are deeply saddened to announce that on July 10, 1997, Luther Allison was
diagnosed with lung cancer and metastastic brain tumors.  He is undergoing
treatment and looking forward to returning to the stage as soon as he is in
remission.

Unfortunately, rumors have flourished since cancellation of Luther's
upcoming dates.  Please be advised that official statements with FACTS
generated by those professionals qualified to post on Luther's behalf will
be available only through the following websites; please disregard
statements posted elsewhere.

http://www.LutherAllison.com
http://www.BlueSkyArtists.com
http://www.Alligator.com
http://RosebudUS.com

All your prayers, smiles, and positive thouughts are deeply appreciated.
Luther wants you to know, "You are beautiful to me."

###

Please do not reply to this email.  Future updates will be posted to the
websites referenced above.