Blues or Rock Which is it?

Tony LaCroix Boneblues@aol.com
Tue Jul 15 15:11:35 EDT 1997

If we don't draw lines to distinguish between great art forms, how will we
ever tell the next generation what REAL blues is, or what REAL rock n' roll
is. Just as Geology is not Geography because they are two different fields of
study, blues is not rock n' roll because they are two, distinct, great,
American art forms. What I have seen in blues  lately is that there many
bands performing that sound like rock bands, but are widely accepted as blues
bands. I think most blues musicians would agree with me that there is a real
difference between rock n' roll and blues, and that difference should be
noted.

                              Tony LaCroix
                              Eau Claire, Wi