PLAYLIST: Good Times Roll, July 15

Ian Angus ianangus@ISTAR.CA
Tue Jul 15 10:08:38 EDT 1997

Advance Playlist for "Let the Good Times Roll"
Wednesday July 16, 8pm-10pm on CKLN-FM, 88.1-FM. Toronto

Most of this week's show is devoted to artists who will
appear at the Harbourfront Soul 'n' Blues Festival in Toronto
July 18-20. I'll be giving away tickets to the opening concert
with Colin James and Alvin Youngblood Hart.

Also: A tribute tyo the late Johnny Copeland, and a contest for
free tickets to see UK guitar ace Otis Grand at the Silver
Dollar on Thursday.

To say hello during the show, call 416-595-1655.

Artist / Song / CD Title (Label)

1. Big Mama Thornton / Watermelon Man / Rising Sun Collection (Justin Time)

2. Johnny Copeland / Claim Jumper / Texas Blues Guitar(EasyDisc)

3. Johnny Copeland / Jungle Swing / Jungle Swing (Gitanes)

4. Otis Grand / Between Heaven and Hell / Perfume & Grime (Sequel)

5. Guy Davis / Georgia Jelly Roll / Call Down the Thunder (Red House)

6. Kevin Duke / Ain't No Tellin' / Rollin' On (AVA Music)

7. Ken Hamm / Bad Luck Blues / Saturday Night Blues(CBC)

8. Rockin Highliners / Eat Where You Slept Last Night /
     Chicks, Suits & Cadillacs (K Records)

9. Lester Quitzau / Thinking About You / Saturday Night Blues (CBC)

10. Carlos del Junco / Up the Line / Just Your Fool (Big Reed)

11. David Kimbrough / Trying to Figure You Out / I Got the Dog in Me
(Capricorn)

12. Kenny Wayne / She Wants to Party / Alive & Loose (Blue Roots)

13. James Peterson / The Bottom Line / Preachin' the Blues (Waldoxy)

14. Colin James w/ Colin Linden / TBA /

15. Alvin Youngblood Hart / If Blues Was Money / Big Mama's Door (Okeh)

16. Morgan Davis / Do the Do / Live (Velvet Records)

17. Mack Simmons & Fathead / Leaving in the Morning /
      Little Mack is Back (Electro-Fi)

18. Gayle Ackroyd / Doing What I Wanna Do / Anything But Blue (Ack-Rack)

19. Andrea Karam / We Got Something Good / We Got Something Good (DDD Canal)

20. Corey Harris / Fish Ain't Bitin / Fish Ain't Bitin' (Alligator)

21. Hans Theesink / Homecooking / Crazy Moon (Ruf)

22. Lafayeete Leake / Willie Dixon / Wrinkles / Chess Blues Piano Greats
(MCA)

23. Dr. John / Let the Good Times Roll / The Ultimate Dr. John (Warner)

Ian Angus
"Let the Good Times Roll"
CKLN 88.1-FM Toronto -- Wednesdays, 8pm-10pm
http://www.letthegoodtimesroll.com