Luther Allison's health/ Munster, IN cancellation 7/12

Marcia Selko mselko01@MAIL.BCPL.LIB.MD.US
Mon Jul 14 12:16:22 EDT 1997

John Chamberlin wrote:

>      Luther's scheduled show Sunday night (7/13) at the Pittsburgh Blues
> Festival was also cancelled.  The organizers told me they had received a
> phone call Friday stating that for unspecified medical reasons, he would
> not be able to perform.  they had also been told that he was being told to
> rest until August  1.
>
>      I called the Rosebud agency this morning and left a message asking for
> additional info.  I also sent an email and suggested they post something at
> their Website.   If/when I get a response, I will post to L
>
> John Chamberlin
> DC Blues Society.
I have just recieved a phone call from Cythia Simien, the wife of
Terrance Simien that Luther has an in-operable brain tumor and lung
cancer. Her information can from his agency which is trying to fill some
of Luther's dates. Please don't e-mail me any questions on details as
that is all I know for now and as his friend, I need time to collect
myself. This after losing Johnny Copeland is a little more than I can
handle at this time. I am sure that I join the rest of you in expressing
my deepest saddness and heartfelt wishes to him and beautiful wife
Rocky. Our thoughts and prays go out to them during this difficult time.
Marcia Selko
Baltimore Blues Society