Playlist: Jammin' Jim KKUP 7/13/97

Jim Farris jfarris@IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Jul 13 19:46:39 EDT 1997

This was a very special show because I had the
opportunity to interview Archie Lee Hooker and
Carl Wyatt.  They even performed live on the show
which made the interview even more special.

For those of you who don't know (there may be
a few), Archie Lee is the nephew of legendary
Bluesman John Lee Hooker, and Carl is a fellow
Blues-Ler. (By the way, he sends his love to all of you.)
In fact, I met Carl on Blues-L. I became familiar
with Archie and Carl's CD, "Suicide Blues" and
have come to really love it.

I hooked up with Archie and Carl during their
visit, and the rest is history. It all goes to
show you the power of media like Blues-L.

My point, for all you up-and-coming Blues artists
out there, is that you should keep watching Blues-L
and keep submitting your recordings for airplay.

As always, I'm getting more and more response from
all of you up-and-coming Blues artists out there.
Thanks go out to all of you that submitted CDs
or tapes for airplay.

My goal is to play all of the best of the
new up-and-coming artists.

Because of the interview, I may not have had
a chance to play your recording this time.
Of course, I will make every effort to play
it next time.

I would also like to thank all of the Blues-L
members that sent me information on new
artists and their recordings. This information
helps because I don't always hear about new
releases, but I'm hearing more and more all the time.

As always, I play the best of the up-and-coming
Blues artists, signed or unsigned, tape or CD,
local or national.

If you are an up & coming Blues artist or know
an up & coming Blues artist, please feel free to
send a message in reply to this Blues-L posting to

jfarris@ix.netcom.com
or
JamNJimFar@aol.com

Jammin' Jim Farris
Late Night City Blues
KKUP 91.5 FM
Santa Clara, California

Start of Playlist ***********************

Song; Recording Title
Artist; Record Co.; Catalog No.

Late Night City Blues; Late Night City Blues
Chris Cain; Blue Rockit`; BRCD105

Love Her Don`t Shove Her; Bone to Pick With You
The Matthew Skoller Band; Tongue `N Groove Records; IND

Marguerita; Feel the Heat
Gary Rex Tanner; Little Frog Records; 631107927824

Let`s Play House; Blue Decade
Willie May; BooMan Music; BMCD 4014

To the Devil for a Dime; Cats & Dogs
King Johnson; Steamtrain Records; 101

Lord, Don`t Move My Mountain; Live at Styleens
Little Georgie & the Shufflin' Hungarians; Queen Bee Records; QB96662

Take It Easy on a Fool; Raise the Dead
Kenny Parker; JSP Records; JSPCD 275

Mystery Train; Brother Piranha
Terry Hiatt; Jagged Fish; 1

Too Long Ago; Billy McEwen & the Soul Invaders
Billy McEwen & the Soul Invaders; IND; IND

These Are the Days; P-Town Rebellion v. 1
The Raving Daves; Yak Productions; 1

That`s My Way; Too Cool to be Blue
NiteCry; 20/20 Records; CD2020971

Born to Code; Born to Code in C Minor
Eric Tamm; Yak Productions; 1

The Night We Called It a Day; Smokin` in Bed
Denise LaSalle; Malaco Records; MCD7479

Cat Talk (Fat Cats); Santa Cruz Blues
Santa Cruz Artists; BluesTraxx Records; BR0755

Nobody Loves Me Like My Baby; Can`t Keep a Good Man Down
Tommy Castro; Blind Pig; BPCD 5041

Baby You Busted; Flavors of the Blues
Zakiya Hooker; Pointblank Records; 724384158828

Jungle Jane; Jungle Jane
Holland K. Smith; TopCat Records; TC01972

I`m Quittin` This Job; Everybody`s Favorite
BB Queen; Mystic Blue Label; MCDT1001

I Let My Daddy Do That; Gone Woman Blues
Rory Block; Rounder Records; CD 11575

Shaky Ground; Live in Paris
Christine Santelli Band; Rapid Records; 002

Frisco Blues; Don`t Look Back
John Lee Hooker; Pointblank Records; 724384277123

Sweet Blood Call; Tear Me Apart
Cathy Jean; Cathy Jean Music; CJ45695

Yesterday is Here; Big Time
Tom Waits; Island Records; 422-842 470-2

Living with the Blues; Heart of Chicago
Mark Hummel; Tone-Cool Records; CDTC1158A

Blues for the Iceman; In All My Life
Kenny Blue Ray; JSP Records; JSPCD289

Busy on You; Slow Traffic Keep Right
Lori Davidson; Canyon Songs; AB1069

Do Right Woman; Texas Blueswomen
Chonita Turner, Jav-Lyn, Lady Lotion; TopCat Records; TC01962

I'm Tore Down (JW Williams); A Tribute to Magic Sam
Various Artists; Evidence Records; ECD26086-2

Live Interview with Archie Lee Hooker and Carl Wyatt
Sleepwalk; Rough News
Charlie Musselwhite; Pointblank; 724384285623

Hobo; Suicide Blues
Carl Wyatt & the Rhythm Kings; BlueRoad Records; BRR001CD

Love is a Burnin' Thing; Archie Lee Hooker & Carl Wyatt
LIVE! on KKUP as part of the interview.

Take Me Back; Archie Lee Hooker & Carl Wyatt
LIVE! on KKUP as part of the interview.

Everybody's Rockin'; Archie Lee Hooker & Carl Wyatt
LIVE! on KKUP as part of the interview.

Sharecropper's Son; Archie Lee Hooker & Carl Wyatt
LIVE! on KKUP as part of the interview.

End of Live Interview *******************************

Lost a Good Woman; Suicide Blues
Carl Wyatt & the Rhythm Kings; BlueRoad Records; BRR001CD

Blues Will Never Die; Suicide Blues
Carl Wyatt & the Rhythm Kings; BlueRoad Records; BRR001CD

Late Night City Blues; Late Night City Blues
Chris Cain; Blue Rockit`; BRCD105

End of Playlist*******************

Along with reporting to this newsgroup,
Late Night City Blues also reports to
the Living Blues Radio Charts.

Again, for airplay consideration, please
send a message to me at either

jfarris@ix.netcom.com
or
JamNJimFar@aol.com