Willie Foster/U.S. Artists in Europe

Sam & Barbara Hurrie helhound@PRCN.ORG
Fri Jul 11 14:06:12 EDT 1997

RFH writes:
">
> I remember Wilbert Harrisons version of "Kansas City" being an
> introduction to the Blues for a lot of Americans.  I thinl it was 1963
> or 1964.  RFH"

True, plus a lot of people were aware of "Jimmy Reed at Carnegie Hall"
at that time, but pickings were slim, especially on mainstream radio.
I think Bonnie's original idea holds true that Europeans pay more
attention to our culture than we do, and tend to stay loyal to people
they like (I think that's what she meant, anyway).

Sam
helhound@prcn.org