Willie Foster in N.Z.

Ray Mikell mojo@kopower.com
Fri Jul 11 01:24:49 EDT 1997

Mike Garner wrote:

>Willie Foster came to New Zealand twice, in fact. Our own Midge
>Marsden met him, while touring with his band, not as a tourist.

Great note, but I was living in Greenville, Miss. at the time and working as
a reporter for the daily newspaper. Midge was in America, touring with his
band, but was not in the Delta on tour. He was there as a tourist only. He
came back later to play several times, however, even visted the schools with
Willie. Mighty impressive cat.
  Ray

"For God's sake let's have a little more freakish behavior -- not less."
  -- Tennessee Williams, 1945