Good Exchange

Jim Miller JMILLER@SHAWNEE.EDU
Thu Jul 10 20:06:36 EDT 1997

 I found the critique of Long John Hunter's band very refreshing. It wasn't
simply on the level of "they suck" but instead  it simply pointed out what the
problem was and offered a few suggestions. Nor did I find the band's spokesman's
response as merely one of offering excuses. Yes bands have bad days but simply
saying you had a bad day without any thoughtful anaylsis is on the same level as
saying that "they suck" without any explanation. He took it well and civility
won the day. This was a great exchange and offers a good example of how this
list need not degenerate into the extremes of either exhanging caustic opinions
without analysis or mindless positive thinking. Well done!