Willie Foster

P.W. Fenton pwfenton@GATE.NET
Wed Jul 9 11:17:44 EDT 1997

At 09:39 7/9/97 -0500, Bruce Roberts wrote:

>I would say the Europeans are more consistent Blues fans than us
>Americans.  They seem to be able to appreciate the music without
>worrying about whether the person is on the top of the charts or is
>played constantly on the radio.

I don't know ANY American Blues fans who worry if an artist is at the top
of the charts or played constantly on the radio.  In fact, with few
exceptions, the Blues, and the "top of the charts" are mutually exclusive
here in the 90s.

I don't get what you are saying.  Do the Blues sell way better in Europe?
If so, why doesn't that put them in the European charts?

If there is a big difference between Europeans and Americans, I think it's
that non-english speaking Europeans appreciate American music (in english),
a whole lot more than English speaking Americans appreciate non-english
European music.

P.W. Fenton
Tampa, Florida
http://www.gate.net/~pwfenton