Mama Get The Hammer, There's a Fly on Baby's Head

Michael Lloyd juke@CSTONE.NET
Fri Jul 4 17:52:44 EDT 1997

Arthur Schuna wrote:

> I heard a tune by the title "Mama Get The Hammer, There's A Fly on the Baby's
> Head" on WWOZ's Music From the Crypt program on Wednesday night.  A very
> strange number that I'm trying to track down. Does anyone know the artist or
> source for this little known gem?
>
> Art Schuna

Art,

  The song you are inquiring about is "Mama Get The Hammer" which is
performed by Barrence Whitfield and the Savages on an LP by the same
name.  (Mamou M-11)  A truly outrageous band from Boston I believe. I
hope this helps. I have this album in my collection so if you have
trouble locating a copy, I could make a tape for you if you wish. Let me
know how you come along in your search.

Michael Lloyd
Charlottesville, VA
juke@cstone.net