Johnny Copeland

Tom Claypool BluesToday@WEBTV.NET
Thu Jul 3 21:27:18 EDT 1997

I think quitting smoking today would be a wonderful tribute.  As I sit
here thinking about my own heart problems I feel very fortunate to have
finally seen him perform and meet him at the Handys and the Beale Street
Music Festival this May.  Not only was he a fantastic performer, a
wonderful person, but he was a great inspiration to me.  My decision to
return to performing music this Spring was influenced in part by him and
his struggle.  I didn't really know him, but I will miss him.

Tom Claypool