Johnny Copeland

Curtis Hewston curtis@MAGICNET.NET
Thu Jul 3 18:15:53 EDT 1997

At 03:30 PM 7/3/97 +0100, SMIRKYFACE wrote:

>If someone on the list could supply and address, I'm sure we'd like to
>pass on a card or flowers.

I hope we'll hear from Holly Bullamore soon, but I suspect she'll ask that
we remember Johnny Copeland with a little something to his heart fund.  His
heart saga began more than two years ago, and he's received extraordinary
medical attention in that time.  I'm sure the financial burden to his
family remains huge.  Donations can be made to:

"Johnny Copeland's Heart"
c/o Manny's Car Wash
1558 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10128

Johnny Copeland was a personal favorite of mine.  I regret that I never got
the chance to meet him or see him perform.

Just a little dirty laundry:  I don't know to what extent, if any, his
heart disease was related to smoking, but I think I'll also remember him by
making today the day I quit.  Besides, it would be nice to join the
Mississippi Attorney General in telling Philip Morris et al where to stuff it.

       curtis@magicnet.net
- - - - The Blue Highway - - - -
 http://www.vivanet.com/~blues/