NBC: AOL and mail

P.W. Fenton pwfenton@GATE.NET
Wed Jul 2 09:04:22 EDT 1997

At 07:59 7/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I am apologizing to anyone that it "seems" I am not responding to.
> I am experiencing a_serious_delay (sometimes 24 hours or more!) in receiving
>and sending mail from this AOL-crap.  Luckily, we will be getting a new ISP
>at work soon and I can get rid of this.   If you ever want to be *sure* of
>reaching me, please mail at:
>
>lgilmore@erols.com

Apparently this is a widespread AOL "problem".  I receive weekly email
notifications from all the major airlines regarding special fares for the
week, and this morning the one from American Airlines mentioned that
subscribers from AOL haven't been receiving their "Net SAAver Fare"
notifications.

I know that personally I have been unable to get email to several AOL
subscribers.  They will probably soon be asking "David the list mom" why
they are not getting all the Blues-L posts.

P.W. Fenton
Tampa, Florida
http://www.gate.net/~pwfenton