Tele pickup cover removal--beware!

Riffin Rick MILLER@SCI.WFBR.EDU
Wed Nov 27 12:01:36 EST 1996

I have no experience with Teles personally, but a fairly serious guitar
collector acquaintance of mine told me once that removing that metal cover
off of the pickups of Teles and similarly-coverd Jazz basses takes a BIG
bite outa the value of the guitar.  I assume he meant that if yu find an old
one that has that piece MISSING.  Presumably if you've taken it off, you can
put it back on for sale or trade, right?

Just FYI....

Riffin Rick

F.J.(Rick)Miller
Senior Research Assistant,
& Marine Facilities Manager
Worcester Foundation for Biomedical Research
"Miller@Sci.WFBR.Edu"