Bartender's Bop Playlist 6/24

Tom Morgan tm4q@POE.ACC.VIRGINIA.EDU
Mon Jun 24 15:36:54 EDT 1996

Today's show was dedicated to some of the best women blues, rhythm and
blues and gospel artists of this century.

         Title                Group         Year     Label
  -------------------- -------------------- ---- --------------
  Careless Love Blues  Smith, Bessie          25 Legacy
  You're Just Full of  Green, Lil             41 Rosetta
  Jive
  I Hate to See the    Memphis Minnie         38 Legacy
  Evening Sun Go Down
  Sweet Georgia Brown  Hunter, Alberta        80 Columbia
  Strange Things       Tharpe, Rosetta        44 MCA
  Happening Every Day
  He's Calling Me      Coates, Dorothy Love      Specialty
  God's Little Birds   Terrell, Sister O M    53 Legacy
  Ball Game, The       Carr, Sister Wynona       Specialty
  Double Dealing Daddy Washington, Dinah      52 Juke Box Lil
  Just Like A Dog      Thornton, Big Mam      57 ACE
  Fujiyama Mama        Allen, Annisteen       54 EMI
  Jim Dandy            Baker, LaVern          55 Atlantic
  King Size Papa       Lee, Julia             57 Jukebox Lil
  One Monkey Don't     Big Maybelle           54 Epic
  Stop No Show
  No Deposit - No      Davis, Martha          51 Jukebox Lil
  Return
  Please Mr Jailer     Carr, Wynona           56 ACE
  Don't Deceive Me     Brown, Ruth            59 Atlantic
  I Want To Know       DeSanto, Sugar Pie     59 Chess
  Pushover             James, Etta            62 Chess
  Don't Get Caught     John, Mable               Stax
  I Never Loved A Man  Franklin, Aretha       67 Atlantic
  Hard Times           Turner, Tina              Kent
  What More Can A      Johnson, Ruby             Stax
  Woman Do
  Girlfriend Says      Wilson, Michelle       96 Bullseye Blues
  I Need A Real Man    Scott, EC              95 Blind Pig
  After You Get Rid of Webster, Katie         88 Alligator
  Me
  Turn the Lock on     Ball; Barton;          90 Antone
  Love                 Strehli
  Strange Man          James, Etta            78 Bullseye Blues
  You're the Man       Lynn, Barbara          94 Bullseye Blues
  Hey Big Sister       Brown, Sarah           96 Blind Pig
  In My Girlish Days   Saffire                96 Alligator
  Sweet Sunny South    Block, Rory            95 Rounder

 http://redlt.com/tom/  --  Home of Jazz Roots & Record Companies on the Web
  Free-lance Writer--Author--Program Director WTJU 91.1--Internet Consultant