Bass oomph

Don Cicchetti dcicchet@LASIERRA.EDU
Mon Jun 17 18:55:46 EDT 1996

Previously:

Sevensen said:

>That´s probably a big reason for why the standup sounds kinda crappy in
>many of todays recordings.

It's true.  I gotta say.   Most young guys simply wrap a '57 in towel and
stuff it under the bridge...  ouch...

Listen to Branfords' "Trio Jeepy" or some of the old Blue Note Dexter
Gordon stuff...  Upright bass tone to die for...

BUT....   don't grind your local rock studio for bargain basement rates,
walk in with the doghouse, and expect to sound like Ron Carter ok?

Remember, you get what you pay for, and if you pay for a pro, you should
get good sound. Period.

Pro's don't work for 15.00 an hour unless you are married to 'em...

DC

Don Cicchetti
La Sierra University Library Media Services
Audio/Video/Computer/Satellite
Studio Production, Event Services, Academic support
dcicchet@lasierra.edu

It appears that the great sacred cow of our culture - The Self -
may not automatically be interesting.....

--Robert Hughes