Seeking for LEADBELLY discography

Christian ESTHER christia@CNN.DE.EDF.FR
Fri Feb 9 10:25:33 EST 1996

Paris, France  le 9 fev 96...Bonjour a tous !

I just suscribe at the Blues list yesterday
so I'm new in the club...and today yet I need some help.

I need some things about dates of recordings by LEADBELLY.

Unfortunately I have not ( not yet) the books made by
GODRICH & DIXON and LEADBITTER & SLAVEN .

Maybe for sure all the available Discography will be good
but maybe it will be too much time to write !!! But if you want do it
it's allright. So I will need specially these titles :

from LP RCA victor (singing and guitar) :
         EASY RIDER
         GOOD MORNING BLUES
         ALBERTA

from LP FOLKWAYS M 52488 (french issue).
         ON MONDAY(with harp : maybe Sonny Terry)
         CORN BREAD ROUGH: he's playing concertina  superbe !
         I SHALL BE FREE with Cisco Houston Woody Guthrie and Sonny Terry
         DEFENSE BLUES

from LP FOLKWAYS M 52014 (french issue)

         LAURA (he's playing concertina too )
         LEAVING BLUES ( 2 versions )
         GOOD NIGHT IRENE (with harp : maybe Sonny Terry)
         PIGMEAT (with other guitar)
         BORROW LOVE AND GO

Other title which appears on AIM record (austria)
         ON A MONDAY (how many versions does exist of it)
         FANNIN' STREET
         DEFENSE BLUES (encore!)

On Collectables the Stinson:
         SKIP TO MY LOU &IT'S ALMOST DAY (or DONE?)
         LITTLE SALLY WALKER
          with Cisco Houston Woody Guthrie and a banjo (who's playing)
         ALABAMA BOUND
         MIDNIGHT SPECIAL
         TAKE THIS HAMMER
         with Josh WHITE : I've got A pretty flower
         and encore : CORN BREAD ROUGH

So it will be kind to give me dates (at least only year can be enought) with
other musicians if possible . I wonder when Leadbelly did recorded with
Cisco Houston Woody Guthrie and Sonny Terry . Was it during War World 2
or after ?

About movies . I heard about a movie made by Gordon Sparks (he maid "Shaft")
Is that easy to find that movie ( I think it never went to France !);
Any info about it will be kind. Did anybody see it ? date is maybe 76 or 77.

To finish I'm looking too the name of the director of a short movie
with Big Bill Broonzy made in the 50's in Europe (maybe Paris or Brussels)
where you can see Big Bill play in a club  "hey hey baby" and other tunes...
A saw it a long time ago in Paris . It's black and with movie the title may
be "Big Bill Blues" and does Yannick Bruynoghe ( the men who wrote
Big Bill story) work on it ?

The reason of it it's because I'm working on french realese
Leadbelly and Big Bill for a new blues collection.

Merci a tous, a bientot? thanks.

Christian.