MCM and Storyville releases

Bonnie Kalmbach KALMBACH@MACC.WISC.EDU
Mon Nov 13 18:23:00 EST 1995

I would give this album at least a B+. I like Willie Kent very much,
I like the real or simulated club atmosphere, and I especially like it
for the rare chance to hear the late Willie James Lyons, who left us
at about age 54. He made one album - not bad/not exciting - for a French
label, either Isabel or MCM - but I'll bet he could be excellent in
person. Does anyone have any more info on him or an any other
recordings of this litle known fine Chicago guitarist.

                                                -Bonnie