JOE LOUIS WALKER: BLUES OF THE MONTH CLUB

Rob Varak robbiev@INTERACCESS.COM
Wed Nov 8 13:39:40 EST 1995

I would like to throw my $.02 in on this one too.  I absolutely _loved_
it!! It definitely pushes the envelope a little, but usually with
excellent results.  I've already made it clear in previous posts that I I
think JLW is one of, if not the, finest performers in contemporary
blues.  This album certainly underscores that point.  Many of the tracks
lean toward Rock/Soul, but JLW's screaming guitar and passionate vocals
keep everything firmly rooted.  I'd give the album a 7.5 out of 10, and
I'm a tough grader.

                        Rob

PS  David, your post was excellent.  Don't be shy.

PPS  I may be slightly giddy over this album b/c my fiance go it for me
along with:

Muddy's Plantation Recordings
"Body & Soul"   Colemna Hawkins
"Blues and Ballads" Lonnie Johnson w/ Elmer Snowden (OUTSTANDING ALBUM!!!)
"Ellington is Forever" Kenny Burrell

So, needless to say i am in a euphoric state!!

Rob Varak      home:robbiev@interaccess.com   school:5varak@stu.jmls.edu
LaGrange, Il USA
"Giving money and power to government is like
 giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"--P.J. O'Rourke