Blues Finds Tallahassee

Alan C. Rollins blzlynx@POLARIS.NET
Fri Nov 3 10:16:03 EST 1995

Tallahassee has become a regular stop for Blues artists of late.  Ain't not
complaining mind you.  After about nine years here with only a token or two
thrown our way occassionaly it is great to have such a menu of Blues to
choose from.  Choose we must as we can brag of having Cris Duarte Sunday,
Marcia Ball with Anson Funderburg & the Rockets Monday night, and Thursday
we have to club hop if we are to fit in both Sue Foley and Phillip Walker.
We had Delbert McClinton open with Luther Allison last week, Buddy Guy has
been here twice.  It does get better.
I want to plug Phillip Walker his hollow bodied guitar, his gritty vocals
and tight-as-nails band.  This man is a treasure undiscovered.  His new CD,
"Working Girl Blues" is a must have.  He has been at it since 1955 when
Clifton Chenier(who's son was here a week or so ago and is fine) gave him
his start.  He comes to Tally Town regularly to play at Dave's CC Club.
I ain't not associated with either Mr. Walker or Dave's.  It is just that
Mr. Walker is a fine artist deserving a broader audience.  He is one fine
person as well always approachable and ready with a story from the road.