Blues Lyric of The Week (#1)

Civ Toby Levy levyt@ACCHOST.ACC.AF.MIL
Sun Sep 18 07:53:50 EDT 1994

I'M READY by Willie Dixon
copyright 1954 (renewed)

I am ready, ready as anybody can be.
I am ready for you.  I hope you're ready for me.

I got an ax-handle pistol on a graveyard frame
that shoots tombstone bullets wearin' balls and chains.
I'm drinkin' T.N.T., I'm smokin' dynamite.
I hope some screwball start a fight.

'Cause I'm ready, ready's anybody can be.
I am ready for you.  I hope you're ready for me.

Oh, you pretty little chicks with your curly hair.
Know you feel like I ain't no-where.
But stop what you're doin' baby, come over here.
I'll prove to you, baby, that I ain't no square.

'Cause I'm ready, ready's anybody can be.
I am ready for you.  I hope you're ready for me.

I been drinkin' gin like never before.
I feel so good, I want you to know.
One more drink, I wish you would.
It takes a whole lot of lovin' to make me feel good.

'Cause I'm ready, ready's anybody can be.
I am ready for you.  I hope you're ready for me.

(from The Definitive Blues Collection copyright 1992
Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation)

Inaugurating a new feature here.  I make no claims at being
authoritative.  Just trying to add to the conversation.  I'm
no enlisting any friends or family to act as spellcheckers,
so take these lyrics any way you want.  Do I need to put a
standard disclaimer at the end of each week's entry saying
that this is meant to be a part of the effluvia of the
internet and should not be published or used for profit without
get permission from the copyright holder?  Or is that obvious?

Toby Levy

"I am looking for trouble, and I hope it's looking for me." -- Eddie Taylor