Robert Johnson/T-BONE WALKER

Kevin Canning kcanning@cap.gwu.edu
Wed Jun 1 15:45:40 EDT 1994

Martin and Ian,

First of all, why rank them? Can't you appreciate each for his own
genius/art?

Secondly, as far as influence, Robert Jr Lockwood, Muddy Waters, Elmore
James, Johnny Shines, Howlin Wolf were just some of the more notable
performers "influenced" (your word) by Robert Johnson.

I'm not discounting T-Bone's importance. BB King, Little Milton, Otis
Rush, Gatemouth Brown - these are just some of the artists who have been
"influenced" by T-Bone.

Kevin