the Robert Johnson /Lonnie Johnson cult

Eric LeBlanc-CISTI leblanc@dao.nrc.ca
Wed Jun 1 13:27:18 EDT 1994

   Let me just add $0.02 to this. Lonnie Johnson spent his last days in
   Toronto. I met him a few times when I visited.  He was a very soft spoken
   & truly a GENIUS on the guitar.  He was not 'downhome' like Robert Johnson.
   He always saw himself as an entertainer (to the horror! of all blues
   critics).  Johnnie Temple comes to mind as someone who had MUCH MORE
   influence that he is given credit for.  His "LOUISE", "BIG LEG WOMAN"
   very major hits.  And what about Josh White?
                                                      eRIC

----- Begin Included Message -----