new book:"AA" hmour

Bonnie Kalmbach KALMBACH@MACC.WISC.EDU
Mon Aug 22 19:33:00 EDT 1994

Humour also being an important part of the Blues, I though some people
might be interested in a new book our library just received:

                "ON THE REAL SIDE: laughing, lying, and
                  signifying - the underground tradition of
                  African-American humor that transformed
                  American culture, from slavery to
                  Richard Pryor.
                                by Mel Watkins

                Simon & Schuster - New York,etc. - 1994.

                                        -Bonnie

kalmbach@macc.wisc.edu