rec.music.blues

Craig Smoot craig@rmf41.usace.army.mil
Mon Apr 4 11:19:55 EDT 1994

> LW:
> >>While we're supporting I'd like to add mine to leaving it alone. I could
> >>handle even MORE mail.                      LW
> Paul Fenton:
> >I agree.  Start a newsgroup if you like, but leave this list and its members
> >right where they are.
> Juergen Geer:
> I agree on leaving Blues-l as it is. I feel at home here,
> even though I'm lurking in the background most of the time.
> I fear that the quality of information and the constructive
> _and_ opinionated way of discussions would be disturbed by
> the useless junk that gets posted to newsgroups every day.
Ditto on all of the above!  This service is great just like it is.  If
some people don't like the volume of mail or the subjects and topics
of the mail, then they should un-subscribe or propose a solution.
One possible solution would be to have a some kind of 'Subject-of-Mail'
control provided by the Blues-L service and let people only recieve
mail on the subjects they wish (someone might have suggested this before,
but if they did, I didn't read it).  Anyway, there could be such topics
as:  BLUES MASTERS
     BLUES HAPPENINGS
     MISCELLANEOUS
     BLUES GUITAR SHOP TALK
     HAVE YOU HEARD...
etc., etc., the list could go on and on.  Basically, the 'SUBJECT' of
everyone's letters would determine where they were sent and to whom.
Personally, I would subscibe to ALL of the subjects (well most of
them anyway).

Oh well, enough of my yappin',
CS

|  Craig Smoot                                  |
|  "The mind is like a parachute. . . it only   |
|   works if it's open."                        |
|  Gradkell Systems, Inc.   Huntsville, AL      |
|  Email:  craig@rmf41.usace.army.mil           |